If your firm uses Bentley ProjectWise for managing Revit projects and other documents, you understand the value of having a central “system of record” for keeping track of project materials. As a Revit customer, you also appreciate the need for a product like IMAGINiT Clarity to automate manual tasks like generating PDFs and analytics from model data. The ProjectWise i-Model Composition server can create Renditions of CAD models – but is unable to assist with Revit files. IMAGINiT Clarity can provide renditions of Revit models, whether they are in ProjectWise or not.
IMAGINiT Clarity’s integration with ProjectWise provides firms with the convenience of Revit automation along with the peace of mind that comes with a document management system. This integration features the following functionality:
- Renditions of Revit files in ProjectWise. Either on an on-demand or scheduled basis, Clarity will copy out the latest version of Revit files and perform tasks on them.
- Task Output is Shared with ProjectWise. A new “ProjectWise Check In” post-task action in Clarity enables users to push PDFs, DWGs, and other task outputs into a ProjectWise folder (whether the Revit files originated in ProjectWise or in any other system)
- Update Revit Model Tasks. The Clarity Update Revit Model tasks can check-in a new version of a model in your ProjectWise project with a new copy that has been sent in from the outside.
- Metadata Update on ProjectWise Files. As Clarity checks files like PDFs and DWGs into ProjectWise, it is possible to simultaneously update the ProjectWise metadata associated with those documents. Clarity maps parameters from sheet parameters and project information parameters into corresponding ProjectWise attributes. With enhanced metadata, files are more searchable and discoverable within ProjectWise.
The Clarity ProjectWise integration is designed to be highly flexible. The integration can be scheduled to run in batch, used in conjunction with other batch automation, and kicked off on-demand via the web.
Is Clarity ProjectWise integration right for your firm? If the answer to any of the questions below is “yes,” it’s worth learning more!
- Do you maintain Revit files in ProjectWise?
- Do you keep Revit files outside of ProjectWise, but check-in PDFs and other deliverable files?