Today we have a post from Dennis Dixon one our Application Specialist in Toronto:
This will link your sheet list schedule to your title blocks and allow you to have a separate set of revisions of which can be controlled on individual sheets or in mass quantities! It takes a little time to set up, but really helps for companies that require 2 separate revision management solutions. You could also dive deeper with Dynamo to create a script for printing sheet sets according to a specific parameter or revision! Food for thought!
- Create 3 Shared Text Parameters for Alternate Revision Date, Alternate Revision Number and Alternate Revision Description
- Create 1 Shared Yes/No Parameter for Alternate Revision #
- Add the Shared parameters for Date, Number and Description as labels into the Titleblock
- Apply the Alternate Revision # Shared Parameter as a visibility parameter to Alternate Revision Date, Alternate Revision Number and Alternate Revision Description
- Load the new titleblock into the template and nest all 4 of the Shared Parameters listed above as instance based Project Parameters for Detail Items, Views and Sheets.
- Repeat above for all subsequent revisions
- Add Alternate Revision # into your sheet list, along with Sheet Name and Sheet Number
- Add a Calculated Value and name it Alternate Revision Symbol
- Choose the type as Text and insert the following Formula: if(Alternate Revision #, "Insert Symbol Here", "")
Repeat above for all subsequent revisions.