Keeping with the theme of "8" (see previous post re: Windows 8), and also taking the easy way out, my colleague Ken Flannigan had a good post on his blog about common habits he sees among those who tend to learn new software quickly and successfully. In short he sees the following (and I agree):
- Click every button
- Follow exercises in class and practice outside examples
- Come with curiosity and questions
- Not afraid to click their mouse
- Excited about the technology change and how it can effect their career
- Understand standard Windows functionality
- Stay adequately caffeinated
Follow the link below for more details.
And don't forget to have fun!