This is part of a new series, focused on our clients’ business and how they use design technology to their advantage.
What does your organization do?
Purple Cherry Architects is a high-end award-winning residential architecture firm serving the Eastern United States, with offices in Annapolis, MD and now Charlottesville, VA. Our firm specializes in custom, luxury residential projects featuring elegant architectural detail and beautiful spaces that excite and reflect our clients.
Our Principal, Cathy Purple Cherry, brings 25 years of experience to her work; the firm aspires to a level of beauty in the homes it designs through views, details, and planning strategies that are awe-inspiring. Our firm’s designers are talented, visionary, detail-oriented, and attentive. We utilize technology to its fullest as a visual and education tool. We encourage our clients to create virtual idea boards to help us capture their preferences and inspirations.
Our firm has extensive knowledge and experience with the intricacies of working on waterfront properties and critical areas. In addition, as a LEED accredited professional, Cathy Purple Cherry has the knowledge and capability of integrating sustainable strategies into the design of clients’ homes at their request.
What is your favorite thing about working with today’s design technology?
Our senior architects are like any group of people – their ideas are different, but that’s part of what makes them a great team. They appreciated Autodesk’s Revit’s ability to:
- Eliminate mistakes common with hand drafting while providing very effective project coordination
- Quickly provide clients with views of our building designs to enable them to better visualize the different aspects of their projects
- More thoroughly understand the details of the buildings we design
- Have a model that is a source of real-world building information beyond just graphic visualization
- Provide quick responses to contractor questions that occur during the construction of our building designs
What’s next for Purple Cherry Architects?
We’re taking our technology to the next level and expanding our geographic footprint into Charlottesville, Virginia.
It’s great to hear from clients and prospects on how they are growing business in various parts of the world. Will you be next to tell your story?