Still printng PDF's the manual way and tired of waiting for your sheet sets to finish up so you can get back to work on the project? Yeah, me too. So let me show you a better way in this short video:
Having tasks automated allows you to focus on more pressing items within the project by generating exports, publishing and checking data standards automatically freeing your time to do more. Printing PDF's are good but there is so much more that can be automated. Here is a list of the Tasks available in the IMAGINiT Clarity 2015 Release with a small description next to each that can be automated:
- PDF - Generate PDF files, can be a single PDF (all in one) or individual per view/sheet set
- DGN - Generate Microstation DGN files
- DWF - Generate DWF files from views/sheet set
- DWG - Generate DWG exports, can be individual files or .zip of all files exported
- FBX - Generate FBX
- GBxml - Generate GBxml
- IFC - Generate IFC
- IFC Alternate - For use with the Open Source IFC Alternate Package (additional controls and options for generating IFC files)
- Navisworks - Generate NWC files (for use in Revit 2014 and higher)
- Revit View Images Export - Clarity Feature to extract View images (ex. 3D views)
- Room Images Export - Clarity Feature to extract Room images (typically used in the Data Sheets)
- Family Images Export - Clarity Feature to extract Family images (3D, typically used in the Data Sheets)
- Publish/Transmit Models - For worksharing projects, includes options to clean the model and pathing before uploading/publishing (includes FTP and additional options).
- Update From Incoming Models - For worksharing projects, includes options to clean the model and pathing before updating into your project.
- Publish to Autodesk BIM 360 Glue - Option to automate publishing to Autodesk BIM 360 Glue (includes viewing options in the project, if enabled, of your Glue project).
Data and Standards Tasks:
- ModelReview Standards Checking - Check against your office and project standards to ensure
- Model Performance Advisor Report - 17 Checks that looks at your model and family geometry for items that may affect performance.
- Revit Data Extract - Clarity Feature that provides a database export of Revit data
- Backup Project - Make automated, regular backups of your projects.
- DataSheet Batch PDF - Including this one because it is shown in the graphic below. If you have ever manually created a Room Data Sheet, this one is HUGE! Not only does Clarity automate and give up to date Data Sheets for Rooms and 17 other categories (furniture, equipment, etc...) you can also create your deliverables with a single task making this one a real time saver. Imagine 10,000 rooms all up to date with accurate Room Data Sheets and all you have to do is press a button to get it.
And if you are handy at programming, Clarity has a documented API so you can add your own additional tasks for even more automation.
Clarity works with Autodesk Revit (Onebox, Architecture, Structure & MEP) and the Clarity 2015 version supports Revit 2013, 2014 & 2015. Find out more here and start saving time on your projects.
Got a question on the tasks, comment below.