Although ASCENT is well known for its training materials, did you know we also have a seasoned technical writing team that helps clients with a wide variety of projects?
Examples of our technical writing work include:
• Software and online help documentation
• Knowledgebase content
• Standard operating procedures
• Best practice methodologies
• User, installation, and quick reference guides
• User quizzes
• Flowcharts, diagrams, and illustrations
• Interactive tutorials and instructional animations
• eLearning content, design, and hosting
We know that not all technical writing vendors are created equal. As we noted in our prior blog post, when evaluating firms, it’s a good idea to ask questions and find the right fit.
Here's how ASCENT’s writing team differentiates itself from other competitors in the market:
1. Company history and reputation. ASCENT’s dedicated team has over 20 years’ experience developing technical documentation and knowledge assessment products.
2. Team processes. Unlike many vendors, ASCENT’s technical writing staff uses a structured project management process for each engagement. (Watch this short video for more details)
3. Prior experience. ASCENT has worked with numerous clients on technical writing projects. For example, we helped Strathcona County in Alberta, Canada to build a smart, single source Design and Construction Standards document that guides contractors and project managers when building municipal utility, transportation, and open space infrastructure. ASCENT also worked with Gatlin Education Services, the world’s largest provider of asynchronous web-based training, to bring greater value to existing educational materials. View these case studies online.
4. Communication practices. Clear and frequent communication with clients is an integral part of ASCENT’s technical writing projects. This starts with the Initiating and Planning phases of projects and continues through Executing and Monitoring, all the way to Project Closure.
For more information on our Technical Writing Services, hear from ASCENT's Director of Product Development in this 3 minute video:
To learn more about how ASCENT’s flexible technical writing services can help your organization, feel free to contact us.