Today, Autodesk released the details for the Autodesk Cloud. With free services for anyone as well as premium services for their subscription customers. Let's take a look at the important general cloud utilties as well as the Manufacturing specific.
Autodesk® Cloud documents - Formally Project Nitrous (cloud.autodesk.com) – Use this service to store your design documents in the cloud, so you can access them anytime, anywhere and easily share them with colleagues, clients and other users. Viewing capabilities enable users to open and review 2D and 3D DWF™ files through a web browser – without the design software used to create the files. 1 GB of storage space is available for free.* Autodesk® Subscription customers receive 3 GB of storage space for each seat of software on Subscription for the duration of their Subscription contract term.
Autodesk® Design Review mobile app – Access your Autodesk Cloud documents on the go with this mobile app. Review 2D and 3D DWF™ files on your mobile device. Redline and annotate 2D drawings while in the field or out of the office. Available free of charge.
AutoCAD® WS (www.autodcadws.com) - Design and collaborate across multiple platforms—desktop, web, and mobile devices—with full DWG™ reliability and compatibility. Upload files directly from AutoCAD to your online workspace. View and edit DWG files on your mobile device or on the web – no software required. Available free of charge.
Autodesk® Cloud rendering - Formally Project Neon (rendering.cloud.autodesk.com) - Reduce time and costs with this powerful rendering service that enables you to produce compelling, photorealistic visualizations in the cloud—without tying up the desktop or requiring specialized rendering hardware. Available with an Autodesk Subscription to Autodesk® Design Suite Premium, Autodesk® Design Suite Ultimate, Autodesk® Building Design Suite Premium, or Autodesk® Building Design Suite Ultimate.
Autodesk® Inventor® optimization (coming soon) — Extend ideation and simulation beyond the desktop by testing the performance of multiple design options in the cloud. Available with an Autodesk Subscription to Autodesk® Product Design Suite Premium or Autodesk® Product Design Suite Ultimate. This is not available at launch but will be available shortly.
Autodesk® Streamline®—Deliver more effective project collaboration with this leading document, design, and model management solution that enables users to securely exchange MFG project information across companies, disciplines, and locations. Available with an Autodesk Subscription to Autodesk® Vault Collaboration.
What is the advantage for Autodesk® Subscription customers?
Autodesk® Subscription customers receive three times the amount of storage space in Autodesk® Cloud (3 GB per seat on Subscription). More storage capacity means you can store, view and share more design documents via the cloud. This translates into more mobility and more power to improve project results, increase collaboration, and accelerate innovation.
In addition, customers with an Autodesk Subscription to select products or suites have exclusive access to Autodesk Cloud services, such as:
- Autodesk® Cloud rendering (Design Suite Premium or Ultimate)
- Autodesk® Inventor® optimization (Coming Soon) (Product Design Suite Ulitmate)
- Autodesk® Streamline® (Vault Collaboration)
Where can I find out which Autodesk® Cloud services I’m entitled to use?
- Go to http://accounts.autodesk.com
- Sign in using your existing Autodesk ID and password, or click the button to create a new Autodesk account.
- After signing in, if you are a Subscription customer, you might need to enter your product serial number to verify your Subscription and see all of the cloud services you’re entitled to use. (Note: To locate your serial number, look for the Help icon on your software’s toolbar – usually located on the top-right corner. Select the pull-down arrow beside the Help icon. From the Help menu, select “About.” Your serial number should appear in the pop-up window.)
- Once you have signed in and verified your Subscription, you will see a list of the Autodesk® Cloud services you are entitled to use.
How do I access Autodesk® Cloud services?
You can use your Autodesk ID and password to access Autodesk® Cloud services.
If you do not have an Autodesk ID and password, you can create an account by clicking the “Sign In” button (shown below) in your Autodesk product.
What are Cloud Units?
Cloud Units are used to measure how much cloud computing capacity you have used with Autodesk® Cloud services, such as rendering or Inventor® optimization, which use computers to perform computationally intense tasks. Cloud Units help you understand how much capacity you have used.
Are there limits on my use of Autodesk® Cloud services?
Yes there are limits on the use of some Autodesk® Cloud services.
- The Autodesk® Cloud documents storage space is limited to 1 GB for free* accounts. Subscription customers receive 3 GB of storage per seat on Subscription for the duration of their Subscription contract term.
- Services like Autodesk® Cloud rendering and Autodesk® Inventor® optimization are limited to a total of 100 Cloud Units per eligible seat on Subscription, per year.
All Autodesk Cloud services are subject to the terms and conditions accompanying them. For all Autodesk Cloud services, it is important that you monitor your use and do not exceed service limits.
Where can I see how much storage and/or how many cloud units I have used?
You can see how much storage and how many Cloud Units you have used by signing in to your account at http://accounts.autodesk.com.