It’s very easy to create custom linetype now using Express Tools in AutoCAD. Make sure express tools are installed in AutoCAD. If express tools are missing from AutoCAD Ribbon, see Missing Express Tools.
You can create a simple or complex custom linetypes in AutoCAD.
Simple linetype is a combination of lines and text, whereas complex linetype contains complex shapes.
Steps to create simple linetype;
Let’s say I need to create a linetype; --------GAS, which is a combination of dashed line and a text.
- Go to Express Tools----> Make Linetype
- Give linetype a file name; Gasline.lin. If you need to load a line in the linetype list, this file .lin is used.
3. Give Linetype name; GAS Linetype. You will see this name in the linetype list.
4. Next, Linetype description
5. Specify starting point and end point
For the starting point, pick the left end point of the line and, for the ending point click somewhere on the right side of the text GAS.
6. Select object
Select the line and text and hit enter.
Linetype is created and it should be displayed in the linetype drop down list.