When implementing a product lifecycle management (PLM) system it’s easy to get wrapped up in the technology and lose sight of other critical pieces of the puzzle. Customized PLM documentation and training, for example, also play an important role during a PLM deployment and contribute to a strong return on investment.
A PLM system only delivers when your people are using it properly and consistently throughout your organization. An easy-to-use system combined with dynamic training will go far to improving user adoption; however, to get the most out of your investment, customized PLM documentation is essential.
As discussed in “Customized PLM Documentation Services,” establishing the various proprietary ways that the new PLM system integrates with other applications, workflows and processes will further improve adoption and ROI. Although, in certain cases, documentation is often easier said than done. Some businesses simply don’t have the resources or the time to document workflows. Your PLM experts may not have the expertise to create thorough documentation for a variety of users and skill levels.
Why Choose Rand 3D for Customized PLM Documentation & Training
Many companies choose Rand 3D to create the detailed, custom documentation needed to support a PLM system. We provide you with:
- Extensive PLM knowledge: Our team understands PLM concepts and can personalize documentation to address your specific workflows and processes.
- Technology expertise: Well-versed with multiple PLM and CAD platforms, our experts can guide you through choosing and deploying the PLM system that best aligns with your business needs and goals.
- Variety of documentation formats: We offer book documentation and interactive eLearning courses. Software simulations provide users with a big picture view of how processes relate to other processes.
- Customized training and education: In addition to creating customized training materials, we also offer many training options through in-person or self-paced eLearning courses.
- Dedicated team of professionals: Rand 3D has over 20 years of creating high quality, professional documentation. Our specialists are skilled with technical writing, 3D modeling software, multimedia development, and instructional design.
- Comprehensive project management experience: Our project managers work closely with clients throughout the PLM process, incorporating customer feedback at multiple checkpoints.
PLM systems deliver many benefits such as productivity gains, optimized processes, reduced waste, and faster product development cycles. Training and thorough documentation substantially improves user adoption and helps you achieve all the benefits of your system. Contact Rand 3D for guidance with maximizing your software investment with customized PLM documentation.