After you have purchased your Autodesk BIM 360 TEAM the next steps that you take are very crucial in your success.
- Assign a hub to your BIM 360 TEAM contract - This can only be done by the Subscription Contract Manager. This is very crucial that you setup the hub first.
- Assign user(s) to the BIM 360 TEAM Single user contract - This can be done by the Subscription Contract Manager or the Software Coordinator.
Before you begin, verify the following:
- Verify you are the Subscription Contract Manager for your company.
- Not sure who is the Subscription Contract Manager? Read my blog on how to verify who is the Subscription Contract Manager.
- Verify all users in your office have an Autodesk account. Add them under "users".
- Here is how you will add the users as the Contract Manager or Software Coordinator Adding Users.
- Understand what a Team Hub is and how it associates people, projects and data.
HOW TO ASSIGN YOUR BIM 360 TEAM CONTRACT TO A HUB
- As the contract admin you need to sign into the Autodesk Manage Accounts website.
IMPORTANT: As of right now only the Subscription Contract Manager can assign a Hub to a BIM 360 TEAM - Single user contract.
- You need to assign your new BIM 360 TEAM contract to a hub.
- From your list of products click on "Access Now" under BIM 360 Team.
Please note that you will see two BIM 360 TEAM icons. If you do not stop what you are doing and contact your reseller or Autodesk.
Click on Access now under BIM 360 TEAM
- You will be redirected to the A360 webpage.
- You will see your contract ID number, your A360 details, assigned date, purchased by and Hub.
- Notice that your Hub says "unassigned contract". To assign a hub click on the Contract ID number.
- Select on "Choose a hub".
- From the drop down select a hub name and click on the "Assign Contract" button.
If there is no hub to choose from go to https://team.bim360.com/ and sign in. You will see a banner at the top of the page asking if you would like to assign a hub which you will click on it and let it add a hub for you.
You can then verify everything is correct by going back to your manage.autodesk.com page and click on Access now under BIM 360 TEAM and verifying a hub is now assigned.
- Once you have selected your hub you will get a pop up verifying that you are assigning your contract to the specified hub. Make sure this is correct before you hit the "Confirm" button.
With the hub successfully added you can now assign the user to the BIM 360 TEAM - Single user seat.
HOW TO ASSIGN BIM 360 TEAM TO A USERS
IMPORTANT - By default seat(s) are automatically assigned to the Subscription Contract Manager. If you are the contract Manager and will not be using the seat make sure to remove it from your name under "Users", next to your name click on Edit Access and remove the check mark next to BIM 360 TEAM.
- From the Autodesk Manage Accounts page click on "Users".
- In the list of users click on the Edit Access link:
- Find BIM 360 TEAM and put a check mark next to Assign.
- Click Save and close the dialog box.