The system requirements for Inventor 2013 are identical to the 2012 requirements with the exception that Vista operating systems have been removed from the list. You can still install on a Vista machine but it's not supported.
- Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit) Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate, or Enterprise edition (recommended)
- Windows XP Professional (SP3), or Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (SP2)
- Intel Pentium 4, 2 GHz or faster; Intel Xeon, Intel Core, AMD Athlon 64, or AMD Opteron or later processor
- 2 GB RAM
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10
- Internet Explorer 6.x through 8
- Excel 2003 through 2010 for iFeatures, iParts, iAssemblies, thread customization, and spreadsheet-driven designs
- Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0
- 1,280 x 1,024 or higher screen resolution
- Recommended graphics cards see the Certified hardware website: http://www.autodesk.com/hardware
For larger assemblies(1000 parts or more) it's recommended to have 8 GB RAM. Ideally plan for a minimum of 4 GB RAM for best performance.
If you plan to install on Vista, you'll still need the Microsoft Hotfix 971138 installed. This is the same Hotfix that was needed to install Inventor 2012 on Vista:
It's available by request at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971138