AutoCAD 2013 isn't included in the installer on some Design Suites Yes, it's true. I had a call from someone with the Product Design Suite Premium (it may have been Standard) and the installer (from download) did not include AutoCAD. We scrolled through the list of available software titles (programs) to install and AutoCAD was not there. What was there though kind of surprised me. In the area that was for AutoCAD Mechanical it had a message about AutoCAD, if you wanted to install just plain jane AutoCAD you needed to download it.
It wasn't an easy "click this link" type of thing either, we typed it into Notepad and copy/pasted into the browser: http://download.autodesk.com/us/autocad/docs/download/DownloadAutoCAD.html
Which brings us to this page:
Download AutoCAD for Use With Your Suite
Design and shape the world around you with the powerful, flexible features in AutoCAD® 2013 software, one of the world's leading 2D and 3D CAD design tools. Maximize your productivity with updated tools for conceptual design, model documentation, and reality capture.
Now AutoCAD is included as a download with the qualifying Autodesk suites listed below.
- Autodesk® Product Design Suite - Standard
- Autodesk® Product Design Suite - Premium
- Autodesk® Product Design Suite - Ultimate
- Autodesk® Factory Design Suite - Standard
- Autodesk® Factory Design Suite - Premium
- Autodesk® Factory Design Suite - Ultimate
Download AutoCAD Now
- Subscription Center - If you have a Subscription Center account, simply log in and download AutoCAD.
- AutoCAD Product Center - If you do not have a Subscription Center account you can download the ACAD trial from the AutoCAD Product center and activate it with your suite license.
We tried to use the Subscription Center to download it but AutoCAD 2013 was not on the list.
So, we downloaded the Trial version. If you install the Trial using your serial number and product key it will work just fine. You can download the trial version of AutoCAD: http://usa.autodesk.com/autocad/trial/
Yes, you do have to fill out the form to get it to download. Also, watch for a 32-bit vs 64-bit selection.
This page has changed a little, you *must* accept the agreement to enable the download button.
They also have instructions for downloading and the system requirements listed, just click the up/down arrows to expand/contract the dialog.
Please do not forget to check the System Requirements!
I recommend using the Download Manager if it's offered as it can speed up the download process and make it more reliable.