Have you ever felt a 100% sure you installed your Autodesk software with express tools checked,but when you open the software and try to use any of the commands none of the work or the command line says Unknown command. Here's something you can try before the dreaded clean uninstall and re-install to get them working.
First things first of course, verify that Express is listed in the loaded cuix’s.
You can verify this by typing MENULOAD at the command line.
- If Express is in the list of Loaded Customization Groups, then follow these steps:
- Select on Express and click the Unload button.
- Load it back in by clicking the browse button and look for acetmain.cuix located here
C:\Documents and Settings\Usersname\ApplicationData\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013 English\R19.0\enu\Support
4. Select the acetmain.cuix click open and then the load button above the browse button.
After you click the load button if it loaded successfully it will show "Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: EXPRESS" in the command line.
If it doesn’t work or shows it didn't load successfully, then follow these steps:
- Go into Control Panel select Program and Features
- Select on the software
- click on Uninstall/Change.
- When the software splash screen comes up click on Add remove features
- Click the next button and then put a check beside Express
tools then click finish to re-installed them.
If neither of these work for you then unfortunately the .cuix is corrupt and you will need to do a clean uninstall and reinstall of the software, in order to get express tools to work. Even though it just the Express Tools that are not working in the software you need to do this to get them working properly. The link below is Autodesk instructions for a clean uninstall/reinstall if needed.