After you have installed your Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture or AutoCAD MEP and you open up the Content Browser to look through your catalog library and there are no catalogs showing this can be caused by several things.
- First verify that your User Account Control Settings (UAC) is set to "Never Notify" by going to your computers Start Menu > Control Panel > User Accounts > click on the link "Change User Account control Settings" set this to "Never Notify". This should remain off for your Autodesk product to run effectively.
- Verify your antivirus software is not blocking the Autodesk software from running properly. Norton and McAfee are ones that will block the software from performing properly. Your IT can create exceptions within your antivirus so they are not blocked.
- Verify you have the content installed and your software is pointing to that content.
Open OPTIONS and go to the "AEC Content" tab.
- Verify the path for "AEC Design Center Path" which by default is located in the C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ACA 2012\enu\AEC Content folder.
- Verify the path for "Tool Catalog Content Root Path" which by default is located in the C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ACA 2012\enu\ folder.
- Verify the path for "IFC Content Path" which by default is located in the
C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ACA 2012\enu\Styles\ folder.
- Verify the paths for the "Detail Component Databases" by clicking on the Add/Remove button. You will see "AEC Detail Component Database (UK) and/or (US). Their default location is in the C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ACA 2012\enu\Details folder.
Using windows explorer verify that all the paths actually have content in those folders.
If you have done the above and everything is correct but you still have no catalogs within the Content Browser reset your software. You will need to close any Autodesk programs that are currently running.
- Go to your computers Start Menu > All Programs > Autodesk > click on the software folder > click on Reset Settings to Default.
- From the Reset Settings - Backup dialog box click on "Reset custom settings"
Launch your software to verify there are now catalogs within your Content Browser. If they are still not showing you will need to uninstall and reinstall the software by following these guides: