3ds Max error that occurs out of the blue;
"Application Error: An error has occurred and the application will now close. Do you want to attempt to save a copy of the current scene?"
- Reset the User Preferences to their defaults. Reset 3ds Max preferences if one or more user related files have become corrupted or are missing.
- Note: These steps will restore the user specific settings for 3ds Max back to default settings. If the settings are repeatedly being corrupted, perform the below steps in addition.
- Change the display driver in 3ds Max: To change your current display driver from the default Direct3D11 to another driver, please see the steps listed in this article.
- Disable any 3rd party plugins or utilities.
- Update your graphics card driver to the latest available version.
- Perform a Clean Uninstall. A Clean Uninstall will fully uninstall and re-install your software, removing any remnant files and folders in addition to the application.