You've run into a situation where you need to uninstall and reinstall your Autodesk software. These step outline how to uninstall Autodesk software the easy way. These instructions apply for Autodesk 2015 software and newer.
- Locate the Autodesk uninstall Tool (should be under Start => Programs =>Autodesk):
- Click to launch the tool, and say Yes if the UAC control box appears.
- In the box that comes up, it will show all recognized Autodesk software installed on your system.
- Place a check in each portion of software you want to install. If you click a main header (like Autodesk Revit 2018), it will select everything installed as part of that installation.
- Once you have selected what you want to uninstall, click on the Uninstall button, and the software will automatically uninstall all selected software from your system.
- When it finishes uninstalling the software, there will be a green check in each product is successfully uninstalled, and a red "X" in anything it couldn't. Make note of those and you will need to manually uninstall via Control Panel => Add/Remove Programs.
- When you have finished, click Exit to close this box, and you are done.
if you are needing to reinstall a base product (for example you need to convert a Suite component to single point product of software (generally converting from a Suite to a Collection), you don't have to uninstall everything associated with that product. As an example, if you need to uninstall 3Ds Max 2018, you select that one item. In some situations it may select more than that, simply uncheck anything you don't want to have to re-install. From the 3ds Max example above it adds a few other components:
Generally you can leave as-is, but in most cases go ahead and uncheck the Material Libraries, since you don't need to re-install those. Once you reinstall 3Ds Max as a single point product, it will see the libraries are there and function without needing to reinstall. The Plug-ins and Civil View, I generally want to re-install, just to be sure the programs function normally.