When opening Advance Steel you get a message stating:
"Failed to connect to the following databases: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Advance Steel 2018\USA\User2\Data\AstroAddin.mdf. You click the OK button, but the software runs extremely slow and the Database connection errors message keeps popping up."
Autodesk has a few solutions regarding database errors:
- Advance Steel: Database Connection Error when start AS 2018, failed to connect to all databases
- Advance Steel: Cannot connect to "AstorGratings.mdf" database when start Advance Steel
The solution that resolved this issue for me was doing one or both of the following:
- Uninstall and reinstall
- Uninstall Advance Steel.
- Re-download from manage.autodesk.com making sure you select on "Download Now" option. Here are steps on how to use select Download Now.
- Install - after you have downloaded using "Download Now" the installation screen should automatically pop up. If it doesnt or you cancel navigate to the C:\Autodesk\ and inside your Advance Steel folder will be a setup.exe that you can double click on to launch the installation.
- If that doesn't resolve the database issue copy the entire Advance Steel 20XX folder from a machine who is not having any issues.
- The Advance Steel20XX folder you will want to copy is located in the C:\ProgramData\Autodesk