- When you first launch Advance Steel it may take a little longer to load due to the database loading.
- Make sure your graphics card is up to date. This can be done through windows updates or by your IT.
- Make sure your machine has the right permissions for the Autodesk folders: Autodesk Permissions blog.
- Launch Advance Steel by right clicking on the desktop icon and selecting "Run as Administrator". See our running as a restricted user blog.
Solution:To solve the performance issue, disable the LLMNR protocol by following these steps:
A. Disabling LLMNR on computers with Windows “Professional” or “Enterprise” Operating Systems:
2) A window similar to the one shown below should display.
3) Navigate to the displayed location using the explorer tree on the left. The path is:
- Local Computer Policy --> Computer Configuration --> Administrative Templates --> Network --> DNS Client
B. Disabling LLMNR on computers with Windows “Home” Operating Systems:
2) Within the left pane of Registry Editor, navigate to the location:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\DNSClient
4) Rename this new string name to EnableMulticast. Double-click the EnableMulticast, set its value data to 0, click OK button.
5) Then close everything and reboot machine