Problem: When you install AutoCAD (or other Autodesk programs) you see a message
“Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 Service Pack 1 or later was not detected on this computer. This browser is required by the product you are installing”
The installer is trying to find something in the Registry or on the hard drive for the version of Internet Explorer (IE). Where it’s looking it is unable to find it.
1st: Try logging in as a different user that has Admin permissions on this machine and try installing again.
Next: I would uninstall/reinstall IE 11.
1) Open up Control Panel>Programs and Features and click the link “Turn Windows features on or off”
2) Uncheck “Internet Explorer 11”
3) Click Ok
4) It should uninstall it, reboot and login again.
5) Open up Control Panel>Programs and Features and click the link “Turn Windows features on or off”
6) Check “Internet Explorer 11”
7) It should install it, reboot, login and try installing again.
The goal is for IE to be installed in a manner that the installer can recognize it. Once recognized you won’t have that message anymore.