The Autodesk error "unable to execute the tool. Possible causes are: the tool is not registered properly. please check your installation. The tool is from another application and is incompatible with the current application", typically comes after you have installed an Autodesk product onto your machine.
- Permissions on the machine did not allow for the necessary folders to install.
- Firewall or Antivirus on the machine blocked the software from installing needed folders.
- User Account Control Settings are set to always notify block the software from installing the necessary folders.
- software on the operating system are interfering while the installation is attempting to write to the registry and install the needed folders.
- User profile on the machine is corrupt.
- Computer OS not having all the necessary updates installed.
I could truly go on and on regarding this but I will stop at 6 main issues. I have a blog written up to try to work around this issue so you do not have to uninstall as I completely understand that this is a huge pain for anyone to do. Read through my blog "Error when using random tools within AutoCAD Architecture".
Follow my uninstall and reinstall steps outlined in my blog above if you cannot get past this error message after trying to copy folders from another users machine or if you do not have another user to do this. Some more details that might come in handy are in my blogs on "How to save your custom settings in AutoCAD before uninstalling" and "What you need to verify and update before installing your Autodesk software".