Every time you start a new project or open a family in Revit 2017 you get a dialog box that it needs to upgrade. Do the following to avoid having to wait.
You can let the file upgrade and then save it back to its original location.
- Metric: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2017\Templates\US Metric
- Imperial: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2017\Templates\US Imperial
Family Template Files:
- Metric: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2017\Family Templates\English
- Imperial: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2017\Family Templates\English_I
- Metric: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2017\Libraries\US Metric
- Imperial: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2017\Libraries\US Imperial
Or you can remove and re-download the updated content from the Autodesk site. Here is how you will do this:
Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a Program.
Select on Revit 2017 Content Libraries then click on Uninstall/Change.
NOTE: DO NOT SELECT ON UNINSTALL
Click on Add or Remove Features.
Uncheck the content and click the Next button. This will remove the content. (It does take a while to remove the content)
When you launch Revit 2017 it will state that there are no template paths or you will notice that when you select on "New" there are no templates to choose from.
To reinstall the Revit 2017 Content Libraries go back to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
Make sure your firewall and antivirus is temporarily off.
Select on Autodesk Revit Content Libraries 2017 and click on Uninstall/Change.
Select on Add or Remove Features and select the content to reinstall. (This will take a while to download)
Check Revit 2017 it should open a new project without the message to update.