This is an issue with Revit 2015, 2016 and 2017. Below if you see an XX this means you are to use your version i.e. 15, 16, 17.
If you install Revit without any errors but when opening it you get this message "Default Family Template File Invalid" or you don't have any templates or families do the following to fix Revit.
- Check and see if there is nothing in the folder located in the C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 20XX folder. The files that are in this folder are:
- Family Templates, IES, Libraries, Lookup Tables, Recent, Templates, UserDataCache.
- Find a user whose Revit is working correctly and copy their RVT20XX folder from the C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ and copy it to your C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ and overwrite the current folder with this same name (RVT20XX).
Or if you do not have anyone in the office who has a working Revit do the following:
NOTE: If you cannot click on the link to download you will need your IT to do the download. If your internet times out this is an IT/computer issue. Another way to get these files is to look for another user who has the folder and copy it to your machine.
- Click on this link to download the RVT 2015 folder and extract it.
- See attached print screen to get the correct paths. (the architectural template is the "default.rte")
Additional blogs on this issue:
If this does not resolve your issue, please contact us to update or re-open this case.
- Productivity NOW Web Portal, login at http://portal.imaginit.com
- Phone: contact numbers in the signature below, referring to your case number for the most efficient response
- Email: Using Reply will update your case and notify the case owner